- Learn how component selection impact engineering results.
- Learn how adhesives are developed for different applications.
- Learn how engineering teams address problem solving.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- structural engineering and design
- adhesive history and application
- problem solving
Students learn how components must be evaluated when engineers develop a new product or solve a problem. Students work in teams to construct a device to hold a can of soup or soda with simple materials and a variety of glue choices. Optional activities provide an option for students to create their own glues working or expanding on recipes provided.
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.