The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) recognizes the dramatic impact that
dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on your instructional efforts. To this end we
are pleased to announce through our online portal, CTE Learn, along with our partner at
MaxKnowledge, that we are now offering a selection of free online courses to prepare CTE
teachers to teach online.
Go to Online Teachers on CTE Learn and click on Delivering Online Instruction. You’ll see the
following online courses that you can access for free.
– EL102 Online Teaching Techniques
– EL103 Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach
– EL104 Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment
– EL105 Online Language: Communicating with Students
– EL108 Preparing Students to Become Good Online Learners
– EL112 Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online
CTE Learn courses are self-paced and each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Designed and developed specifically for the CTE community, our courses focus on practical
strategies and techniques that participants can apply right away.
We want to assure you in this difficult time that we stand ready to support our members and
the CTE community. Additionally we have created a listing of other free distance learning
resources that we hope can provide assistance to your programs.