Senate Confirms New U.S. Secretary of Education
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) shared a letter from Secretary Cardona following his confirmation. In the letter the Secretary names supporting high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) as one of the areas of focus for ED. Secretary Cardona writes that right now the top priority is to bring students back to school for in-person learning. He discusses additional goals, including:
- Building better career pathways;
- Making college more affordable;
- Ensuring all students have access to high-quality schools with balanced coursework;
- Supporting teacher quality and improving teacher diversity;
- Ensuring teachers receive the support needed; and
- Expanding access to high-quality preschool.
Check out this introduction video from Secretary Cardona for more information.