The eight Grammy Award winning band Metallica is entering its second year of the Metallica Scholars Initiative for Community Colleges. The organization donated to 10 community colleges in 2019 and are expanding to 15 schools in 2020.
Donations totaled $100,000 last year. A recent release by the initiative shows that job placement rates among participants increased by 90% and a completion rate of 80% to 90%. 700 students participated in the program.
The Metallica Scholars Initiative was created last year in partnership with All Within My Hands, Metallica’s foundation, and the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC).
10 schools partnered with the organization last year. The five new schools will be announced soon.
Here’s a list of the current schools that will also participate in year two:
- Central Piedmont Community College
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Clackamas Community College
Oregon City, Oregon
- College of Lake County
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Gateway Technical College
- Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Lone Star College
The Woodlands, Texas
- North Idaho College
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Spokane Community College
- Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology