CareerTech VISION 2020 is moving to a fully online, virtual experience, happening Nov. 30–Dec. 4! We believe this is the safest approach for our attendees and look forward to offering you, from the comfort and convenience of your own home, school or office, enhanced and expanded programming, and immersive professional development that addresses timely topics impacting career and technical education (CTE)!
Networking is the cornerstone of our flagship event and attendees will have an abundance of opportunities to participate in interactive and engaging experiences through a dynamic virtual platform! Now a week long conference, you will have the flexibility to tailor your session times to your availability, and all registered Virtual VISION attendees will receive access to all 300+ sessions post-event!
300+ 30-minute Concurrent Sessions Covering Innovations in the Time of COVID-19
Cutting-edge live conversations centered around:
- Rigorous high-quality CTE, and remote and blended learning environments Specific CTE content areas — business and marketing, family and consumer sciences, engineering and technology, trade and industrial, counseling and career development, health science, postsecondary CTE, and more
- Strategies for supporting CTE in the midst of a pandemic
- Vital virtual interactions in real-time with presenters and career and technical educators from around the world
Robust Virtual Expo & Networking
- Gather in the reimagined online Expo primed to feature an abundance of resources and gamification activities with up-to-date leaderboard
- Collect presenter handouts, exhibitor resources and more in your own personal Digital Briefcase
- Participate in virtual workout and wellness sessions
- Stay connected via Virtual VISION’s virtual receptions during these unprecedented times
IAED in CTE Workshops & Sessions
In addition to several concurrent sessions covering inclusion, access, equity and diversity (IAED) in CTE, ACTE has secured invited speaker Dr. Roger Cleveland, a nationally renowned expert in cultural proficiency and instructional equity, to present:
- Implicit Bias: Check Your Blind Spots
- Cultural Humility 101
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in Diverse Classrooms
- Trauma-informed Care: Socio-emotional Learning
- Equity and Cultural Influences in Schools
- Culturally Responsive Classroom Management
- Restorative Practices: A Viable Approach to Address Discipline
Join IAED Mentors & Mentees at Virtual VISION
This new yearlong program, convening virtually for the first time at Virtual VISION, includes professional development opportunities to help cultivate and create more diverse and inclusive work environments for career and technical educators. Virtual VISION will be the first opportunity for mentors and mentees to connect virtually and participate in an exciting virtual reception, open to all registered Virtual VISION attendees.
Companion Event: NAAE Convention Happening Virtually!
The annual National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) Convention will offer engaging virtual networking opportunities, recognition and numerous learning sessions in concert with Virtual VISION!
Pre-conference Workshops & First-time Attendee Orientation on Nov. 30
- Enrich your professional development with focused, content-rich pre-conference workshops (additional $100 fee required).
- Participate in the First-time Attendee Orientation for an introduction to our first-ever Virtual VISION platform, the week’s event flow and ACTE membership information.